Once Upon A Time...
There was a girl. She worked at a restaurant as a waitress. One night while waitressing, she was talking to the other waitresses and cooks, as she often did. She was having a bit of a bad day. One of the cooks (whom we will refer to as "the boy"), noticed. He asked her how she was doing. After a bit of chit chat, the boy, unbeknownst to the girl, became happy and sort of excited. You see, the girl had recently become "available" to meet other boys on Friday and Saturday nights. The boy had wanted to ask the girl out on a date for a Friday or Saturday night for a while... but the girl had not been available. And now she was :) So the boy offered to take the girl home. The girl thought this was a very nice gesture, and she happily accepted the offer. Surprisingly, the boy did not ask the girl for her number on the way home. He decided to get it from his sister later that night because he chickened out a little bit. The girl didn't pay much attention to his sudden interest or generosity, and assumed that she and the boy would just stay the same (as cook and waitress friends).
Then on Monday the girl had school. She needed to go to the library to watch a required film for her world religions class. On the way to the film room, she ran into the boy! The girl thought, "What a nice surprise to see my good cook friend in the library!" She smiled and said hi to him, and kept on walking. And yet something in the girl's head, or maybe it wasn't just her head, said that this boy was special, and that maybe she would go have fun with him on a Friday or Saturday night! Again, she kind of ignored the thought, and proceeded to go watch her movie. During the movie she felt a soft tap on her shoulder. Slightly startled, she turned around to look at a pair of very green eyes looking at her. It was the boy (who has very green eyes, and very dark hair... :)
He asked the girl to go on a date. But he asked her for Wednesday night instead of Friday or Saturday. The girl was delighted! A fun date with her nice cook friend! She had always liked talking with him, and she knew it would be fun to get to know him a little better.
Wednesday night came, and they went to The Old Spaghetti Factory together. They had a great time. It was actually more enjoyable than the girl had expected... and when he dropped her off that night, she wondered if he would ask her out again.
Sunday night came, and the girl got a call from the boy. He asked her out for that Friday night. She said yes, of course. This time the date was dinner and ice skating. This made the girl slightly nervous... but the good kind of nervous. Because usually when a boy takes a girl ice skating, it means that he wants to hold her hand. And he did :) The girl kind of made a fool of herself that night... slipping and sliding all over the rink. But thanks to the boy's superior balancing skills, they made it through the night without even falling down once! The night ended with the girl feeling slightly shocked (again) at how much fun they had together, how easily they communicated, and how much she liked holding his hand.
Date #3: The girl hoped that he would call for the next week. She wasn't disappointed :) They went out for the third time. Dinner and a movie at his apartment, and then bowling with another couple. They both had a wonderful time. After a late night talk, the boy and the girl determined that they wanted to turn their I's into we's, and see where this relationship could go. The night ended with their first kiss, and the girl walked into the house with wide eyes and a light head.
The boy in this story is F. Samuel Swain. And the girl is Kaitlyn Livingston. Big surprise, I know.
The rest of the story is history. We have been dating steadily now for 3 months. We spend every spare moment we can together. We talk on the phone and text on a daily basis. He took me to Oregon to meet his family for Christmas. He told me he loved me first. And then I told him that I loved him back 3 days later. I have never experienced bliss quite like this. Is life perfect? No. But pretty darn close. I feel like I am in an alternate reality sometimes, just ask my family. I float everywhere I go, which is sometimes dangerous because I tend to leave some of my brain behind. Sam is incredible. He is one of the friendliest people I have ever met. I absolutely love his outgoing personality. It is what I loved about him first. He is tall and dark and handsome and strong. He is smart. He is determined. He has a wonderful testimony. He served the Lord for two years in Brazil. He is fantastic with languages. He makes me feel safe. He is such a hard worker. He treats me like a Princess. And we are oh, so happy.
I would say the end.... But I have a feeling that this is only the beginning.
He asked the girl to go on a date. But he asked her for Wednesday night instead of Friday or Saturday. The girl was delighted! A fun date with her nice cook friend! She had always liked talking with him, and she knew it would be fun to get to know him a little better.
Wednesday night came, and they went to The Old Spaghetti Factory together. They had a great time. It was actually more enjoyable than the girl had expected... and when he dropped her off that night, she wondered if he would ask her out again.
Sunday night came, and the girl got a call from the boy. He asked her out for that Friday night. She said yes, of course. This time the date was dinner and ice skating. This made the girl slightly nervous... but the good kind of nervous. Because usually when a boy takes a girl ice skating, it means that he wants to hold her hand. And he did :) The girl kind of made a fool of herself that night... slipping and sliding all over the rink. But thanks to the boy's superior balancing skills, they made it through the night without even falling down once! The night ended with the girl feeling slightly shocked (again) at how much fun they had together, how easily they communicated, and how much she liked holding his hand.
Date #3: The girl hoped that he would call for the next week. She wasn't disappointed :) They went out for the third time. Dinner and a movie at his apartment, and then bowling with another couple. They both had a wonderful time. After a late night talk, the boy and the girl determined that they wanted to turn their I's into we's, and see where this relationship could go. The night ended with their first kiss, and the girl walked into the house with wide eyes and a light head.
The boy in this story is F. Samuel Swain. And the girl is Kaitlyn Livingston. Big surprise, I know.
The rest of the story is history. We have been dating steadily now for 3 months. We spend every spare moment we can together. We talk on the phone and text on a daily basis. He took me to Oregon to meet his family for Christmas. He told me he loved me first. And then I told him that I loved him back 3 days later. I have never experienced bliss quite like this. Is life perfect? No. But pretty darn close. I feel like I am in an alternate reality sometimes, just ask my family. I float everywhere I go, which is sometimes dangerous because I tend to leave some of my brain behind. Sam is incredible. He is one of the friendliest people I have ever met. I absolutely love his outgoing personality. It is what I loved about him first. He is tall and dark and handsome and strong. He is smart. He is determined. He has a wonderful testimony. He served the Lord for two years in Brazil. He is fantastic with languages. He makes me feel safe. He is such a hard worker. He treats me like a Princess. And we are oh, so happy.
I would say the end.... But I have a feeling that this is only the beginning.





3 comments:
Oh Kaitlyn this makes me soooooooooo happy :). I've been dying for a picture of you two love birds :). Can't wait to hear the rest of your story in person so I can see this alternate reality you live in ;)
I'm an so thrilled for you! You absolutely glow and look so happy :)
love this :) i agree - you GLOW in all of these pictures with mr. swain!!! i'm so THRILLED for you!!!
Post a Comment