Saturday, November 19, 2011

In a Single Word.

Do you know what word I love?

Hope.

I have heard that hope can sometimes be thought of in a negative connotation... "We don't have any hope... I hope not... etc. etc." But to me, the word hope is the opposite. It means the brightness of the sun, the promise of tomorrow, and most importantly the blessing of a Savior. Because of Him, our hope is possible. Hope is intricately intertwined with faith. And these two virtues provide the greatest joy I have ever experienced.

I know that I have put this picture on my blog before, but it is one of my favorites. Because I have truly felt the Atonement of Jesus Christ in my life. He heals broken souls. He forgives our mistakes and our faults. And He is unfailingly compassionate. Just a happy thought for the day :)

Do you want to see another stunning picture?? In today's world, this is how I feel. It is entitled "Modern Day Mother in Zion" by Anita Mae Hart-Carroll:

The first time I saw this painting was 2 or 3 years ago, and it really moved me. I have thought about it often, and I finally found it online! I know so many mothers like this one. Some of them may be reading this post right now. Thank you, my wonderful ladies, for showing me how to be a Guardian. You are truly incredible, and I am working to be more like you every day. I love you all!

Wow, this post is jumping all over the place. But here are some newsy sorts of things :) First. My siblings and I have survived over 24 hours without my parents. Hurray! I hope they are having a wonderful time, and I hope the next few days go as smoothly as the last few have (knock on wood, right?). Second, I really do like this new boy! His name? Sam. :) He leaves for Oregon next week for Thanksgiving to be with his family... which I am sad about. But it's only for five days, so I'm pretty sure I will make it. He is so fun and outgoing, and is the cutest with kids. He is really sweet and smart, and I just enjoy being with him. Life is good!


Have a wonderful day everyone!!


Love,
Kaits

1 comment:

the coltons said...

Kaitlyn!!! Been thinking about you lately for some reason. I'm so glad you are blogging again! I love hearing what you're up to :) I'm also so very proud of you :) keep writing!!