Sunday, December 7, 2008
The Dread of My Life
Calculus. That sums up most of the problems in my life at the present. Calculus. Don't get me wrong, I am so grateful that we have it in this world because it is essential, but I hate it all the same!! This week we have been learning an especially difficult concept called Optimization. All I can say is thank heavens that my older brother Ammon understands it and is willing to teach me, or try to teach me :) This Saturday Ammon and I spent literally 7 1/2 hours on two assignments. My brain was on fire, I had a headache, and I had hardly gotten ready for the day at all. Ammon thanks so much!!! I could not have done it without you. The funny thing is, even though we spent that long we could not figure out some of the problems. Isn't that ridiculous?!! I am counting the hours I spend in that class until Christmas Break... wow, only 61/2 hours of class time.... who knows how much homework time?? So there you go, the trial of my life. The cool thing about this whole class is that if I pass the AP test it is possible that I will never have to take another hard math class again. Hoorah!! The only question is, Can I make it through till May?? As bad as I want to transfer out, I want to try to conquer this. With the help of Ammon and Heavenly Father, I think I can, I think I can, I think I can.... Wish me luck!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Sorry, I'm no help. But Steve said after he took applied calculus, it began to be fun. LUV YA - hang in there.
kaitlyn, you have an amazing outlook and attitude about life! seriously, being grateful that we HAVE calculus? you are amazing :) i am constantly so impressed with the relationships you have with your siblings - your parents knew/know what they're doing! i'm wishing you luck on your test - you can totally do it. if you pass this, it will probably be THE last math class you have to take!!! :)
You are braver than I even attempting that class! But you are a SMART GIRL and can definitely not only pass, but rock it! Knowing I had to take math classes in college loomed over me like crazy, and I just never did it. It would be worth it to not have to worry about it ever again!
Calculus stinks, I'm with you just stick with it and get math over with for the rest of your life!!!
good luck with the last 6.5 hours of class time.
Don't stop Kaits, you are an amazing example! You will be so happy you didn't give up. I love ya
Post a Comment