4/28/12 was officially the best day of my life... well maybe not, because the entire honeymoon was just as fantastic. But the wedding day was especially priceless. I want to remember everything. Every detail. So it is time for me to record.
I remember how late we stayed up setting up for the reception. I was so exhausted when I finally went to bed that I fell right to sleep, and didn't wake until the alarm went off. After that I was VERY awake ;)
I remember how Sam told me on the way to the temple that he had accidentally ran a red light that morning when he was coming to pick me up. His mind was on other things.
I will never forget how I felt sitting in the celestial room with Sam before we went in to be sealed. Everyone else in the room (there for other sessions) randomly left, leaving Sam and I alone for a moment with only the temple worker in the corner. Silence except for the occasional whispers between my sweetheart and I, and basically heaven on earth.
I always remember how I never thought I would cry, and then as the sealer pronounced blessings and promises upon us, tears streamed down my cheeks. I thought my heart would burst with joy and love.
I remember how beautiful my sisters (Audrey included!) and my mother looked, and how handsome my brothers and my father looked.
I remember getting dressed in the bride's room with my mom, and how she cried and told me I looked beautiful.
I remember how sick Ammon was, and that he still came. He will never know how much it meant to me. I love you Ammon.
I remember Bethany and Jessica and Kaylee at the temple, my three dearest friends, who hugged me and celebrated and made the day more beautiful than it already was.
I remember Sam's family (now part of my family!) and how beautiful all of the girls looked. I love each member of his family even though I have not gotten a chance to spend a lot of time with them.
I remember how Sam looked. He glowed. He is the most handsome man in the world.
I remember how my bouquet was everything I wanted it to be, and how it smelled so sweet all day long. It is sitting on a shelf in our room right now, drying. It is fragile, but still looks beautiful. I am not ready to throw it away yet.
I remember Audrey snapping a million photos and Ben following us around with the camcorder, documenting the happiest and silliest and weirdest moments of the day.
I remember Tanner, and how he brought laughter and joy to the entire day. I love his humor. He can make me laugh like no one else in this world can.
I remember riding back to my house with Sam, and how both of us just kept repeating that we were finally married! And that we didn't feel much different, but we were now husband and wife. It was fun and strange.
I will never forget how gorgeous the reception was. It was EVERYTHING I have ever dreamed of and more. Here is a shout of thanks to all of you who helped. You know who you are, and I am so grateful!
I will never forget cutting the cake, and how I had threatened Sam that if he ruined my dress with the cake, I would be very upset. He was kind, and sealed it with a kiss :) But even more than cutting the cake, I remember looking at my parents right after, seeing my father hugging my mother with tears streaming down his cheeks. Later, he came and held me in his arms and whispered "Kaitlyn, I will miss you. I will miss you very much. But I am so happy for you. You look beautiful."
I remember friends coming from far away places to hug me just for a moment in the busy line. I love them dearly, and hope they know how much it meant to me that they came.
I remember how incredibly happy I was, and still am. It is amazing to start your own family. To love, to laugh, to cry, to hurt, to hold hands, to travel, to sing, and to do everything together. Sam reminds me often that we are no longer I's, we are We's. Everything we do now, we do together (for the most part, that is). We are more in love than ever, and so grateful for each other. And I think I am starting to understand how one can truly have a "Happily Ever After." I have found mine. Happily Ever After doesn't happen at the end, it happens all along the way.
Here's to infinity.





4 comments:
Wow. I'm crying right now. That was beautiful.
hahaha I am crying too! Kaitlyn this is absolutely perfect :)
Oh Kaitlyn you were so beautiful!! It really was so perfect! Haha I can attest to how wonderful your bouquet smelled. ;) It was well worth the drive!
i'm crying too ;) especially about that moment between you and your dad - that is one of those memories you will cherish forever. congrats again, my dear!!!
Post a Comment