Tuesday, February 15, 2011

A Taste, A Smell, and A Letter

Yesterday was so great. It was Valentines Day! I woke up at the crack o' dawn and Ashley and I ran 2 miles! And for the first time in a long time I got a little taste. A taste of how I used to run. For that morning I was able to just go... to control my breathing and enjoy the run even though it was hard, and it is the farthest we have run yet. It felt wonderful! Then today we did a sprint workout. Hah. I felt like I had been run over by a Mac Truck. Time for more sprint work outs...

I digress, back to yesterday.

As I was walking around campus later that day, I got a little smell. Guess what the smell was? It was a hint of SPRING. In February! I know, sounds crazy right?? But I know the smells of the seasons, and there was definitely a change. It was delicious. And even though I know it is most likely, 99%, almost definitely not going to stay this warm... it was a nice change from the bitter winter wind.

Then later that afternoon, after classes and some study, I went back to my apartment. And on the table was a letter. From Japan. It was very unexpected (because sometimes missionaries are really slow writer-backers), but a wonderful surprise.

And I thought I was going to have a dreary Valentines Day. Silly me.