My Dear Friends,
How would it be?
To think that tonight was my last time seeing her, ever? How would it be, to wonder what would happen after death? How would it be, to think that after this life, there is nothing?
I don't really want to know how that would be. Because it would be very frightening indeed.
Tonight I went to visit my dear Grandma LuJean for what may have been the last time in my mortal life. It was so very good to see her. I sat there and watched her talk to us while she was in so much pain, but she was so happy we were there. I wouldn't have missed it for the world. It's a strange feeling, one that I have never experienced before. You see, I have never had someone so close to me die. I took her hand, and kissed her forehead, and said softly, "I love you!" And then I hurried out of that house as fast as I could go. The strongest emotion I have felt in a while swelled up in my heart.
That strong emotion was grief.
As soon as I got outside I started sobbing. And I couldn't control it. So many thoughts were going through my head. I cried on and off all the way home. My grandmother is an angel. She is an incredible woman, a lovely wife, and a wonderful grandmother. I have so many happy memories with her. She has been a big part of my life, for as long as I have lived. I love her. So much.
But this post was not meant to be one of sadness.
I have a message for all of you.
This is not the end.
Because guess what? Heavenly Father made something incredible, something called The Plan of Salvation. And my grandmother, the beautiful woman in the photograph above, is going home to rest. Cancer doesn't affect our spirits. I have no doubt that she has a great work to do on the other side of the veil. So I will wait....
Because guess what else?? (This is the best part)....
I get to be with her Forever. Eternity. Infinity, Infinity, Infinity. Because I have been sealed to my family through the sacred ordinances of the temple.
I have such a testimony of this gospel. There is a plan for us after this life, as our Savior conquered death. I know it with all of my heart, because the spirit has born witness to me. Death is not the end, but a mere beginning....
4 comments:
That was beautiful, Kaitlyn. I too think that Grandma is an angel. I will miss her terribly, she has been a tremendous force for good in all of our lives.
You are so incredible Kaitlyn. Thank you for your words. :) You put feelings into words so well. This post is beautiful. I love you!
i feel that way too but even though it will be hard for us i know where she is going.
<3
quinci
Even though I don't know her all that well I am so sad she is gonna die :( she is the cutest old lady kaits that was amazing :)
Post a Comment