Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Goodbyes

Let's just say that today was not the funnest day of my life.

I waited all day to say goodbye to him along with the rest of my family, at about 5:30 p.m. Then it would be over. The day seemed to drag. Then he came, and we talked and played and had a good time as a family. He mentioned a 'friend get together' at his house at 7:30. I had no desire to go, I had already prepared to say goodbye with my family. Then he looked at me and told me that he wanted me to come if I would please. He wanted his last hug from a girl to be from me. So I went for him. 8:30 came and it was time to say goodbye. He gave me a hug, two in fact, and told me he loved me. I love him too. And then I drove away.

Now my eyes are red and blotchy and mascara is smeared on my face. But my angel parents helped me. Emotion seems to be coming in waves. He is going to be an incredible missionary, and I am truly happy for him. But it is hard too. He is so many things to me, and to my family. Absolutely amazing. He has been a blessing in my life and I will forever be grateful for how much I have learned from his example.

We have two years to grow. He will grow in testimony, maturity, and love for the Lord. I am determined to grow too. Because when he gets back I want to be ready for him. It will be a great time of learning to both of us. And we will see how things play out.

So tomorrow begins the 730 day count down until I can see my missionary again. But for now, it is time for him to serve the Lord. And time for me to grow as well. I feel peace. And excitement. And maybe a little anxiety. But it will all be okay, of that I am sure.

6 comments:

Ben and Shara said...

Wow, it sounds like you had a big, hard day. I would have cried too. What are you going to fill your time with now?

Are you doing cross country this year?

Lindsey said...

I love you! Cant wait to be with you tomorrow!

the coltons said...

i feel you, kaitlyn! it's sometimes super hard but then sometimes SUPER GREAT!!! you have a great attitude. just resolve that this is not a time of sadness (because it's absolutely not) and that you are going to grow and do so many things.

call me ANYTIME!!! :)

Shelly said...

Kaits, the future is so exciting! You will look back and see that things worked out better than you could have ever imagined it! I love you so much! Good luck with everything, you are such an amazing person.

jenlivi said...

Kait, I am so proud of the way you have handled this difficult experience. You have grown already. I am so honored to be along for the ride. Good luck this school year. I hope you have the funnest year ever!

jenlivi said...

Where are you? Did your life end that day? Wait, I know it didn't so let's hear from you!!