Sunday, October 26, 2008

The Halloween Party!

The Cordner Halloween Party is an event that I have long awaited. You see, one finally qualifies to go when they turn 16 years old and are able to take a date. I asked my friend Hoyt to be my date. This year it was a murder mystery party and so we were all assigned specific characters that we were supposed to dress up as. I was a maid named Ima Gudsweeper and Hoyt was a police officer named Chief Clint Callahan. We had a fabulous 4-course dinner and played lots of fun games in between. No, neither of us were the murderers (phew!) but we did find out at the end of the night that I was a ghost :) Here are some pictures of us....

This is us during one of the courses of dinner.
(P.S. the girl next to me is Jessica, Ammons date.)

This is me and Hoyt. You can't really tell what he looks like through the fake mustache, but he is quite handsome ;)

It was probably one of the funnest dates I have ever been on. I had a blast!!

p.s. I missed you Shelley! We were thinkin about ya! Love you



7 comments:

Heath'e' said...

Cute! looks like a lot of fun.

Jessica Lillie said...

AHhahah, that was the best party ever. You two looked so fun with your customs and everything.

Natalie said...

How fun! Looks like a really nice house too from the pics. And he is quite handsome ;)

Shelly J. said...

Kaitlyn,
You are so sweet! I wish we could have been there too. You are the most beautiful, modest maid I have ever seen. I love you!

Shelly Belly

P.S. Is this young officer going on an ecclesiastical sojourn soon? Just wondering?

Mendy's Memiors said...

I love murder mystery dates! So..... Who did it? Who took who out? - Mendy

Mendy's Memiors said...

What I mean is who was the murderer? Mendy

Kaitlyn Swain said...

In answer to the questions to the comments:
yes Shelly, he is leaving in June :)
and Mendy, my aunt Tina was the murderer at the party. She killed my uncle Damon.