This morning I was driving and I noticed the mountains. Have you seen them yet?? They are a gorgeous array of red, orange, and brown trees. I couldn't stop staring. They are beautiful!! I have been so busy with homework that I have not even noticed them. I am so glad that I finally did. Have you ever smelled Fall? I think it smells different to every person, but I am almost one hundred percent positive that it is one of the most heavenly smells on earth. To me it is sweet spicy candles, crisp morning air, home-baked goods, and the smell of the heater when it first comes on. I love it. Holiday buzz is just beginning to start, and there is a hint of Thanksgiving and Christmas in the air. But first comes Halloween. With pumpkins and costumes and lots of sugar to be sure. It is time to pull on a warm jacket or two every morning, and when you walk outside your breath turns into a cold fog. It is a time of celebration, laughter, and family parties. This poem describes my feelings perfectly...The winds will blow their own freshness into you,
and the storms their energy,
while cares will drop away from you
like the leaves of Autumn.
Fall poem by John Muir
Oh yes, life does not get any sweeter than this. Autumn is my favorite time of the year, as you can plainly see. What's yours?
3 comments:
I am with you. . . I LOVE autumn.
I love fall too! I would say my favorite is summer.
I was just thinking that the other day! I LOVE fall! But when spring comes I always say that is my favorite. I am indecisive.
Post a Comment